Our team

“Game of Thrones” star, Sophie Turner fights depression


The star of "Game of Thrones", Sophie Turner, revealed that the criticism of her role as Sansa Stark in the HBO series was one of the reasons that led to her depression

In an interview with Dr. Phil about his podcast, "Phil in the Blanks," she said she began to get depressed at the age of 17. "The biggest challenge for me is just getting out of bed and leaving the house and learning to love myself. I think it's the biggest challenge," said the 23-year-old


She said she felt lonely after her friends and brothers moved to college while she was working on "Game of Thrones" and lived with her parents. Social media has become a "catalyst" for her depression. "It started to go down a bit, I think that when I started to reach sexual maturity, and really sexual maturity, like at the age of 17," she said.

"My metabolism was like a slowdown, and I gained weight. And then there was the analysis of social media and everything, and that's when it hit me. "Turner said then that she was more sensitive to what people would say about her on social media.


She said she would read comments about her weight and skin, and criticism of her acting. "I will just believe it," she said. "I would simply say," Yes, I am restless. Yes, I'm fat. I'm a bad actress. "And that's what I believed in it." She said that she felt much better than looking for therapy and treatment.

"Now I love myself or more than I used to, I think. I do not think I would love at all, but now I am with someone who makes me aware, you know I have some redemptive qualities, I suppose, "she said, referring to fiancée Joe Jonas. "When someone tells you that he loves you every day, you really think about why it is so, and I think it makes you love yourself a little more, so, yes, I love myself."

Post a Comment

0 Comments